Anybody using ext2-os2 with LBA mode?

Post by Mike Die » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

:>I have been trying to install ext2-os2 on a 100MB ext2 partition. Bootos2
:>fails to execute SYSINSTX.COM (Warp3; Warp4) on the ext2 partition.
:>However, there is no problem in reading or writing ext2 partitions from
:>OS/2.
:>Before I reformat my hard disk in CHS mode, I want to know if anybody is
:>using ext2-os2 on a hard disk in LBA mode.

:>Hardware specs (if relevant):
:>
:>Gigabyte 586dx dual mb with 133P CPUs
:>512PBC; 32 MB RAM
:>Medalist 2.1G HDD in *LBA* mode

It sounds like you are trying to create a bootable OS/2 system on the ext2-os2
filesystem.  Is this correct ?  If so, I beleive it won't work because of the
method in which
the OS/2 kernel loads, I could be wrong but you might want to make sure before
you
go through too much trouble.  There is some reference to how it all works in
the ext2-os2.inf
file, included in the distributed ZIP.
If you aren't trying to make a bootable OS/2 system on the ext2-os2 you
shouldn't need to use
bootos2.

In order to prevent spam a ! has been placed on my email address
Remove the ! before sending replies

Mike Dietz

1. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.3 available for testing

Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of ext2-os2 (version 0.3) for alpha testing.
ext2-os2 allows OS/2 to access Linux native partitions (ext2fs file system)
as normal OS/2 drive letters (NOTE : this is still alpha level stability code)

It is on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu in /incoming (then in /new and /os2/diskutil),
the package file is named ext2_03a.zip.
It comes with all its sources, as well as Deon van der Westhuysen's Linux
partition filter.

Matthieu WILLM                  I do *NOT* speak for IBM ...

2. postgresql & pg_shadow

3. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.4 beta now available

4. Instant ssh

5. Linux ext2fs IFS driver for OS/2 : ext2-os2 0.2a needs alpha testers.

6. network address calculator

7. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 - ext2-os2 V0.8 now available

8. Jump Drives on Solaris?

9. Linux ext2fs IFS for OS/2 : ext2-os2 V0.5 now available

10. Using Promise Ultra66 in NORMAL mode (not LBA)

11. Linux using LBA mode > 1024 ylinders...Problem waiting to happen?

12. How to add 2gig HD to OS2/Linux PC w/o LBA bios?

13. Anybody using Seagate Tapestor Travan 20 SCSI in compressed mode?