Installing KDE from RH7.1 after Gnome installed

Installing KDE from RH7.1 after Gnome installed

Post by Lou » Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:10:02

I'm running RH7.1 and chose "Gnome workstation" during the initial
install.  Now, how to install KDE from the same set of CD's ?

I guess I would just select one of the bigger .rpm's and the rest would go
along due to the dependencies?  (I suppose, but I thought I'd ask first)
If so, which one file is best to start with?

(and once I get KDE in, how to start them separately from bash... see my

Post by Erez Hada » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:09:52

> I'm running RH7.1 and chose "Gnome workstation" during the initial
> install.  Now, how to install KDE from the same set of CD's ?

> I guess I would just select one of the bigger .rpm's and the rest would go
> along due to the dependencies?  (I suppose, but I thought I'd ask first)
> If so, which one file is best to start with?

> (and once I get KDE in, how to start them separately from bash... see my

If you're using gnorpm, just select al the packages with "kde" in their
name from both CDs and install them.  In order to select which one to
strart with X, just set your .Xclients or use "switchdesk" (the easier way).

Hope this helps,
Erez Hadad