Need Help: converting LF, CR for text file between UNIX and DOS

Need Help: converting LF, CR for text file between UNIX and DOS

Post by W. Zhuan » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

I am running samba in a Linux box and trying to drag and drop text files
from a networked PC
The problem I have is that LF and CR could not be properly translated.
I know that one could run "recode" in UNIX to convert the file format. My
question is:
Is there any way in which I could setup the system which could
automatically convert files
when I "drag" a file between these two OS?.
Any suggestions and inputs are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Wenhao