The last Linux C library version 5, 5.4.46, is released.

Post by Kurt Fitzn » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> The Linux C library 5.4.46 is a bug-fixing release for libc 5.4.44.
> There are no new features in this release. This is the last release of
> libc 5.4.xx. All my machines are now running RedHat 5.1 which is based
> on glibc 2, aka libc 6. Please check the glibc 2 web site for details.

Will GLIBC2 make it to Sunsite/Kernel.Org/et al as libc-6?  Old release.libc
files indicated that when glibc2 was stable enough, then it would be
released on Sunsite.

1. How to compile libc 5.4.46

        I was about to install INN 2.0 when I realized it needs libc 5.4 or 6,
and I have libc 5.3.12 . So I downloaded the source for libc, and tried to
compile it... but no way. For some reason I dont understand, it doesnt seem
to find some critical .h files, like stddef.h and anything under linux/ , even
with the symbolic link to /usr/src/linux/include/linux

        Can anybody help? Do I have to untar it on a particular directory
to compile? Its the Makefile broken somehow?

        Thanks in advance...

 What I'm supossed to do,              | Jesus Couto Fandi?o
 when everything that I've done        | Centro para la Aplicacion de la
 is leading me to conclude             | Informatica (CAI)
 I'm not the one                       | Universidad Catolica Andres
        Depeche Mode "Barrel of a gun" | Bello (UCAB)

2. Can't get dosemu0.49pl3 to compile

3. Compiling Libc 5.4.46 Fails

4. Q: What is 'termcap'? & Any error docs on X?

5. in coma for 2 years - now libc 5.4.46

6. HELP! RH 4.0 and deskjet

7. Libc.5.4.46 Problem

8. SHAREWARE - Unix utility scripts

9. Libc.5.4.46 problem

10. last.c sources to linux version of last available?

11. Linux kernel version vs library version

12. Standalone Readline Library version 2.0 released

13. newbie Upgrade a 3.0 RELEASE to LAST RELEASE