Drivers from Hitachi Proprietary CD-ROM Interface?

Drivers from Hitachi Proprietary CD-ROM Interface?

Post by Robert Kneus » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Is there a driver for the Hitachi CDR-1700S which uses it's own
proprietary interface card?

Let me know...

Thanks
--

1. Non Recognition of Proprietary CD-ROM Driver

Be warned I'm an absolute total LINUX Newbie.

I've had Red Hat ver 7.1 downloaded and burned onto CD for me. I've made a
bootdisk with boot.img which will boot and load just fine. When choosing the
type of CDROM, I choose *other* as I have a proprietary  CDROM attached to a
Soundblaster Card. I have made a floppy with the oldcdrom.img on it, LINUX
recognises this disk as a valid driver disk and I can attempt to load the
CDU31A Driver. However LINUX returns the error message 'ERROR - Failed to
Insert CD31A Module".

Can some kind person point me in the right direction ??

*Cross posted to comp.os.linux.setup and linux.act.newbie*

--
Regards,

P.O. Box 2783,    Wellington.
HTTP://home.clear.net.nz/pages/m.scott/index.htm

Only those who go too far, can possibly find out how far they can go.
The superior man is distressed by the limitation of his ability; he is not
distressed by the fact that men do not recognise the ability he has.   -

2. 怎麼

3. looking for a Hitachi CD-ROM driver

4. Gathering input in Shell Scripts

5. Which driver for my Hitachi CD-ROM?

6. Implementing own syscall

7. Old Hitachi Extern CD-ROM drivers needed

8. UNIX Printer Issues

9. LOOKING FOR HITACHI CD-ROM DRIVER.

10. Status of Hitachi CD-ROM device driver

11. I Need a Hitachi cd-rom driver.

12. HELP: Hitachi CD-ROM driver, anyone?

13. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?