how to force my intel e100 NIC to 100Base TX Full Duplex

how to force my intel e100 NIC to 100Base TX Full Duplex

Post by Christoph Drausch » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:23:46

hi, need help!

Can anybody give me an hint, how to force my Intel e100 NIC to 100
Base Tx Full-Duplex operation? I have to configure it that way,
because the other end of the connection is realised by an hardware
configured PHY to 100 Base Tx FD. The autonegotiation operation is
disabled at that PHY.

What I tried by now:
looked at http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html to get the
information about adding the option `0x200  :Forced 100baseTx full
duplex.`.

So, I added the following line into the file /etc/modules.conf:
`options e100 options=0x200`

After reboot there is no more eth0 under ifconfig and the command
`ifconfig eth0 up` failed with error message `eth0: unknown interface:
no such device`.

So I rechanged the file modules.conf again, rebooted the machine and
then added the line again into the file. I hoped with the command
`ipconfig eth0 down` and `ifconfig eth0 up` the interface would read
the modules.conf file in order to get the correct mode. But
unfortunately this didn't work out.

Help!! What do I do wrong in order to set my NIC into a forced
operation mode? It must be possible doing this!!!
The Kernel version is 2.4.10.

Another point I'd like to ask you. I heared about putting a switch
between my linux-pc and the configured phy in order to get a first
link. Does such a switch really can handle hardware configured PHY's?

THX for any kind of hint...

C.Drauschke

1. how to force my intel e100 NIC to 100Base TX Full Duplex

[...]

2. AppleTalk on Linux?

3. D-Link 530 TX: how to force Full-Duplex?

4. updating Solaris 8 to the latest Java

5. Forcing Intel eepro100 card to full duplex?

6. how can I do floating-point math in a script?

7. Debian3.0: Force Full-Duplex on PCMCIA-NIC

8. can anyone tell me what this means/

9. How to set Intel NIC to full duplex?

10. Is it possible to set Intel 82557 NIC(iprb) as full-duplex?

11. NIC Intel EtherExpress -> full duplex mode

12. NIC Speed Settings. Full duplex vs Half duplex

13. Difference between 100Base-T and 100Base-TX