Source needed for 'finger' and 'w'

Post by Paul Tayl » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi There

Does anyone know where I can come across the source for 'finger' and
'w' ?

Thanks in advance

Paul Taylor

Post by Joseph Hartma » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Hi There

: Does anyone know where I can come across the source for 'finger' and
: 'w' ?

The redhat distribution (http://www.redhat.com) has
finger in its rpm  NetKit-B-0.06-12   and
w      in its rpm  procps-0.97-7

Best Regards,

Joe Hartmann
First Student at the:

      Linux Academy in the Sunshine Town of Newport, NH

Happy GPL and all that!

: Thanks in advance

: Paul Taylor

Source needed for 'finger' and 'w'

Post by Robert Sandfo » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hmm, Paul

  This sounds like you want to do some modifying to these two programs.
Perhaps to cloak users on your linux system? If that is the case let me
know I got a program I did that will do that and much more.

Robert

>Hi There

>Does anyone know where I can come across the source for 'finger' and
>'w' ?

>Thanks in advance

>Paul Taylor

Source needed for 'finger' and 'w'

Post by Matthew Vandergri » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hmm, Paul

>   This sounds like you want to do some modifying to these two programs.
> Perhaps to cloak users on your linux system? If that is the case let me
> know I got a program I did that will do that and much more.

Why not just use screen.  If screen is installed suid root, you can have it
update the utmp/wtmp files and alt-a L toggles the login state of the
current multiplexed screen.  I've seen that used very effectively...

Matt