ghostscript fonts

Post by SHONKWILER R » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hope this is the right place for this inquiry.

I installed ghostscript gs5.0 to be able to convert postscript to pdf
but now my postscript Maple graphs won't fly.  The error message from
ghostview is

Error: /invalidfont in findfont
Operand stack:
   Courier   Font   Courier   12914   Courier   --nostringval--   Courier   Nimb
usMonL-Regu
Current file position is 5074
Aladdin Ghostscript: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

  In installing ghostscript, I moved Fontmap.Sol to
/usr/local/lib/Ghostscript/5.0/Fontmap (as I'm running Solaris 2.5)
  and from the C-shell I did a
setenv GS_LIB=/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1:/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type3

Is there something simple I've overlooked?

ron shonkwiler

--
SHONKWILER R W
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!ma201rs

1. CorelDraw PS Fonts <-> Ghostscript fonts mapping list wanted

Hi,
I'm using linux + ghostscript 2.6.1 + HP DeskJet at home for text processing
with TeX / nroff.
Since I'm the proud owner of the Corel Draw 3.0/4.0 CDROMS, I wonder whether
it is possible to map the Corel Draw Font names to the REAL 35 Postscript
Fonts using ghostscript.

The reason for this is the VERY POOR quality of the PS - Fonts coming with
ghostscript as they are derived from their X11 Bitmaps (!) and scaling to
some strange sizes (like 7 or 12.67) results in a certain staircase effect
I don't want.

The problem is, that I have ready - formatted Postscript files sometimes,
so I can't just replace the fonts used with some others that look the same
as this results in inappropriate spacing.

So I wonder whether the *real* Adobe fonts are there on the CDROM, just
renamed to e.g. PalmsSprings etc., so that a mapping to their REAL names
from within ghostscript would be possible.

Please, if anybody has a map, drop me some lines or at least point me to
the right FAQ. I've already tried Printing.HOWTO and fonts.faq (old version
though, didn't find a new one in comp.answers), but with no results.

Thanks

Bernd

2. using proxy under Apache 1.2.4?

3. Ghostscript Fonts