Cluster of linux boxes: Suggestions

Post by cava.. » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Dear Netters,

In my department, we are considering to build up a cluster of
5-6 P6 200 Mhz 256kb with 64mb ram.
The idea is to have PVM running on top of them (we already have
the SW to run on the cluster, nicely parallelized). Anyhow, we
would really appreciate any suggestions on that topic.
Which MB, which RAM (EDO or SDRAM ?) etc. etc.

Also, I remember that somwhere in the web I read of a web site
full of useful suggestions on building up a shelf with several
linux boxes. Now, I am unable to locate the address ...

Thanx

Luigi

Cluster of linux boxes: Suggestions

Post by Harold Stevens ** PLEASE SEE SIG » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and emailed...]

[Snip...]

|> Also, I remember that somwhere in the web I read of a web site
|> full of useful suggestions on building up a shelf with several
|> linux boxes. Now, I am unable to locate the address ...

[Snip...]

I think this may be the Beowulf project; nice site at:

            http://www.veryComputer.com/

Hope that helps.

Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) ** IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO **
1. As antispam, I may code my email address with a leading "X".
2. Please remove the leading "X" (if any) to address email to me.
3. Please vent inconvenience at *promo and their Satanic spawn.

Standard Disclaimer: My opinions alone and not Raytheon TI Systems.

1. Clustering Linux boxes

What do you know about clustering Linux boxes?  Do they make a specific
software for doing that?  How do you get by having the pc not complain
about keyboards and stuff that is not attached?  Any pointers would be
cool.  I would like to start playing with that:)
Do you think that Linux would still run better on the Alpha chip vs. the
pentium II chip?  The Alpha has a longer pipe line right??  Would that
effect certain application performance?
Any links or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

        -Victor Kuhns

2. Search information about bdftopcf

3. clustering Linux boxes

4. CGI script execution in SSL problem

5. Using my linux box as a digital VHS... need software suggestions.

6. format of "burst page header" in lpd?

7. 20 Modems on a Linux Box...any suggestions??

8. Routing between two private networks

9. Any suggestions for mounting NT shares on linux box?

10. Suggestions for Linux lunch box portable

11. Linux Box Suggestions

12. Building Linux Box--Suggestions?

13. spare box for linux use: suggestions?