: Support for Intel HX/VX chipsets for Linux 1.2.13: any?

: Support for Intel HX/VX chipsets for Linux 1.2.13: any?

Post by Mr. Roo » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi all.
I'd like to know if there's some driver to let Linux 1.2.13 recognize
the Intel HX and VX PCI chipset. I'm having troubles to let Linux
recognize some PCI card (Adaptec 2940U SCSI controller with the AIC7xxx
device driver patched into the kernel).
If so, please send me some pointer to that patches.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Vincenzo Romano

Post by Mark Ha » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: I'd like to know if there's some driver to let Linux 1.2.13 recognize
: the Intel HX and VX PCI chipset.

that's not how it works.  the motherboard chipset doesn't need  a
driver, since it basically pretends to be an AT.  in any case, it's
pointless * to use anything as obsolete as 1.2.13; surely
you're aware than 2.0 has been out for a _long_ time.

: I'm having troubles to let Linux
: recognize some PCI card (Adaptec 2940U SCSI controller with the AIC7xxx
: device driver patched into the kernel).

its pretty trivial to stick new vendor/chip definitions in the pci.h
file.  that will make the warnings go away, but then again, who cares,
since they're just harmless warnings.  if you were using a modern
kernel, none of this would be an issue.

regards, mark hhn.
--

                                        http://www.veryComputer.com/~hahn/