How to install linux as a Remote Access Server?

How to install linux as a Remote Access Server?

Post by Jeroen de Ha » Sun, 25 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I try to find which package I need to setup my linuxbox
as a Remote Access Server? I want to be able to dial into my linuxbox
and get an ip address from it and a default gateway, so I can access
my local network from remote.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jeroen de Haas

Post by Adrian Hand » Sun, 25 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I try to find which package I need to setup my linuxbox
> as a Remote Access Server? I want to be able to dial into my linuxbox
> and get an ip address from it and a default gateway, so I can access
> my local network from remote.

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Jeroen de Haas

I have NOT done this, but it sounds to me like what you want to do is
setup your Linux box as DHCP server.  I would check your distro first
for a DHCP server package (not client).  If your distro does not include
one, I'd try this one:

http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/DHCP/index.phtml

1. Apple Remote Access server and Linux PPP access?

I am able to establish a TCP/IP connection with work using
MacOS 8.5.1 standard Remote Access software. The setup for
Remote Access does not require a script only Name and
Password. I believe I am connecting to a computer running
Apple Remove Access software at work but since our network
guy quit no one knows for sure. I am prompted for a password
via a dialog box.

Any hints on whether I can connect to this computer using
Linux? Since there is no connect script and Linux does not
know anything about Apple Remote Access, there is no way for
Linux to exchange userid and password.

Thanks,

John C.
--

Netcom - Online Communication Services San Jose, CA

2. "then they fight you"

3. Dialup access to Netware through OpenLinux remote access server

4. tftpd problem

5. Linux -> WindowsNT Remote Access Server: Help needed!

6. The network performance of linux

7. Linux on a 486 as a modem/remote access server

8. Stopped (tty output)

9. Linux and Windows NT Remote Access Server

10. Linux PPP/SLIP to Windows NT remote access server?

11. linux modem remote access server

12. server Linux domain accounts remote access static IP

13. How do I set up Linux as a remote access server?