Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Jason M. LaPent » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:50:15

Hello,

Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
windows box.

Thanks
Jason

Post by Jason M. LaPent » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:50:54

Hello,

Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
windows box.

Thanks
Jason

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Lew Pitch » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:55:51

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:50:54 -0400, "Jason M. LaPenta"

>Hello,

>Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
>allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
>windows box.

You can run a VNC server on your NT box, and the VNC client on Linux
or even in a java-enabled web browser. I use VNC to remote administer
a couple of NT boxes from my desktop. You can find VNC at
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html

Lew Pitcher, Information Technology Consultant, Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Al » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:53:34

VNC, http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html , works very well.

       Al

> Hello,

> Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
> allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
> windows box.

> Thanks
> Jason

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Jason M. LaPent » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:03:20

Totally AWESOME! THANKS this program rocks. Exactly what I've been
looking for!

> VNC, http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html , works very well.

>        Al

> > Hello,

> > Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
> > allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
> > windows box.

> > Thanks
> > Jason

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by mado » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:04:22

vnc

> Hello,

> Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
> allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
> windows box.

> Thanks
> Jason

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Al » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:15:48

from a Compaq iPaq 3630 Pocket PC w/wireless Ethernet NIC. My brother

workstation. You can run SSH and have a secure encrypted session also...

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/sshvnc.html

     Al

> >vnc

> Seconded, I use VNC for that very purpose. It does not work quite as
> well as PC-Anywhere and doesn't have extras such as file transfer, but
> it's cross-platform and FREE. Get it at:

>   http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

> --
>   Roger Blake
>   (remove second "g" and second "m" from address for email)

Remote Control of MS Windows PC from a linux PC

Post by Jayasutha » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:53:51

VNC.. is the answer

> Hello,

> Is there something like PCAnywhere for linux. Ie. a program that can
> allow me on my nice linux box to control programs on my not so nice
> windows box.

> Thanks
> Jason

1. Remote Control of PC's Using X-windows

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any plans for porting something like Unipress's
CoSession/PC2X (tm) to a Linux/GNU platform.

It is a very useful tool when trying to manage a Mixture of platforms on a LAN
especially between PC's and Full-Blown Un*xes.

This is not a plug btw but just so people know what I am talking about. Here is
a URL.

http://www.unipress.com/../wire/CoSession%20-%20NEW!.html

Thanks for your Time...

2. About Knode

3. window-pc can't connect with linux-pc using mgetty

4. POP3 daemon for 2.2.1

5. Getting Windows PC to talk to Linux PC via ethernet

6. Mouse problem since RedHat6.2, Couldn't solve it !!!!

7. Views on: Best pc to pc remote networking solution (repost)

8. Canon LBP-460 Laser Printer Setup Problem

9. How to: Setup Linux Box with MS Windows PC's

10. PC-NFS PC-to-PC copy is it possible?

11. Linux'XWin on a remote WINDOWS PC

12. Configuring Linux tools: i586-pc-linux-gnu or i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 ?????

13. Script on remote shut the windows pc from Linux