Redhat 5.0 --> Redhat 5.1

Post by Jonathan Lang » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Being a poor student I bought the linux for dummies book so I could get
a good newbie guide and a good linux distribution (I had decided on
Redhat). What i ended up with was a bookful of incomplete explanations
and a buggy OS.

What do I do to upgrade Redhat 5.0 to Redhat 5.1 via the internet?

"Nurse, I said, 'Remove his SPECTACLES'"
Jonathan Lange, University of Southern Queensland

Redhat 5.0 --> Redhat 5.1

Post by Johan Kullst » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Being a poor student I bought the linux for dummies book so I could get
> a good newbie guide and a good linux distribution (I had decided on
> Redhat). What i ended up with was a bookful of incomplete explanations
> and a buggy OS.

> What do I do to upgrade Redhat 5.0 to Redhat 5.1 via the internet?

1) go to http://www.redhat.com/ and check out the errata page for 5.0.
   download the new stuff for everything that you actually have
   present on your box and use.

2) go to ftp.redhat.com (or better a mirror) and look in redhat5.1
   i386 (and updates but the errata should have covered this) for
   newer rpms than the ones you have now.

use rpm to see what you have installed and their versions.

--

1. upgrade from Redhat Linux 5.0 to redhat linux 5.1

Upgrading our linux system from redhat 5.0 to redhat 5.1 using ftp,  the
upgrade menu asked for a lan card driver.
our 3com cardbus 3C575-J-TX is not reference in the lan card driver
list. do you have any suggestion to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Frederic

2. A20 Problem

3. RedHat 5.0 to RedHat 5.1

4. Avoid Async I/O for Socket Application

5. upgrade from Redhat 5.0 to Redhat 5.1

6. Trident 9440AGi problems

7. Redhat 5.0 v's Redhat 5.1

8. Help! X won't restart!

9. RedHat 5.0 -> 5.1 upgrade problems

10. upgrade redhat 5.0 -> 5.1

11. Upgrading RedHat 5.0 to 5.1 ??

12. How to upgrade from ReHat 5.0 to RedHat 5.1 ??

13. Redhat upgrades, 5.0 - 5.1