vmware problems

Post by kev » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I've installed vmware successfully, but have run into problems
installing NT.

First off, after telling it of a SCSI device and supplying the
manufacturer's floppy, it tells me the device is not located in my
computer. I can use my IDE disk for the time being, but I really would
like to put it on my (much emptier) SCSI disk.

Secondly - and this is quite scary! - I get this message:

"Setup has determined that your computer's startup hard disk is new or
has been erased, or that an operating system is installed on your
computer with which Windows NT cannot co-exist.

If such an operating system is installed on your computer, continuing
Setup may damage or destroy it.

If the hard disk is new or has been erased, or you want to discard it's
current contents, you can choose to continue Setup".

Does this really mean what it says? Can I ignore this message or has
something gone wrong with my vmware installation?

thanks,

- Kev

vmware problems

Post by John McKo » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

]>Secondly - and this is quite scary! - I get this message:
]>
]>"Setup has determined that your computer's startup hard disk is new or
]>has been erased, or that an operating system is installed on your
]>computer with which Windows NT cannot co-exist.
]>
]>If such an operating system is installed on your computer, continuing
]>Setup may damage or destroy it.
]>
]>If the hard disk is new or has been erased, or you want to discard it's
]>current contents, you can choose to continue Setup".
]>
]>Does this really mean what it says? Can I ignore this message or has
]>something gone wrong with my vmware installation?
]>

Does it mean what it says? Yes. But what does it mean? That's what had me
confused. It turns out that what it means is, "The VMWare emulated IDE disk
partition is empty, can I format it?" The answer is, of course the emulated
IDE disk partition is empty, and you can format it. I did this and have not
had any problems. It did not mean that it wanted to reformat any of my
Linux partitions.

John

1. VMWare problem with Dual bootablity

I am  trying to get VmWare to recognize and boot my existing windows(98)
partition from RH7.1.
It begins the boot process but instead of running the  bootmanager
(LILO). It just goes off into the never never land of 00 00 00 00 00 0
00 0.
Has anyone ever seen this? heard of this? have an idea of what is
happening?
KS-

2. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

3. VMWARE problem with connecting the virtula machine to the HOST using Host-Only network.

4. TCP BIND error

5. vmware problems

6. How to make Alt-Tab work in ALL WM

7. vmware problem

8. gcc vs forte objects

9. VMWare: Problem installing guest OS Win98

10. VMware problem

11. VMWare problem

12. VMware Problems (DGA and Mouse)

13. vmware problem