Linux on CNET

Post by CS11 » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Can you live without Microsoft?
Interesting feature at CNET
http://www.news.com/Radio/Features/0,155,205,0.html

Realaudio link:  http://www.news.com/Radio/Rams/1998/05/01/linux01.ram

1. Creating Linux CD from COREL Linux download at CNET.

I've followed the following instructions provided by CNET, but the CD I
created doesn't seem to work...

Description
   Note: The download listed here is an ISO image file. It must be
   downloaded, then written to a recordable CD-ROM (CD-R/CD-RW) disc
   for it to be usable.

Does anyone have a detailed set of instructions to get the CD working
properly?

Thanks.

2. unable to open an initial console

3. CNET RADIO's Brian Cooley mentions Linux

4. AUTOSTART ?

5. MEDIA: CNET (must register): Solaris Better Than Linux?

6. NIS+ users can read shadow from nis+ passwd table

7. "The great Linux experiment" - new CNET article

8. Two Questions about DHCP server (solaris 7)

9. Balmer trashes Linux -- CNET News.com

10. CNet NICs good for Linux?

11. Good point on CNET, will Linux eventually fall short of support?

12. CNET reports MS feeling desktop resistance from Linux!

13. CNET in S.F. needs a Engineer who knows Linux