Absulutely can't get multi-link in 3Com Impact IQ ISDN adapter..

Absulutely can't get multi-link in 3Com Impact IQ ISDN adapter..

Post by Ollie Aches » Mon, 06 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Following are the modem setup variables I use to logon with both B-channels to
bellatlantic.net:

ATZ\Q3V1S60=64S61=2S71=1

where:

Z - Reset
\Q3 - RTS/CTS
V1 - verbose codes
S60=64 - set 64kbps B channel data rate
S61=2 - outgoing call type=isdn
S71=1 - B Channel Protocol = Async-Sync PPP Conversion

The last one was the one that did it for me.

Note also that if you don't use S61=2 then use must use ATD (not ATDT)
to prefix your isp phone number.

Hope this helps.

Ollie

--
|---------------------------|
| Ollie Acheson             |

1. 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem and Linux: it doesn't work well, anybody know why?

Hi, I have a LAN with 3 Windoze/95 machines and 2 Windoze/98 machines
connected to a Linux RH 5.1 (2.0.34 Kernel) machine which connects to a
3Com Impact IQ ISDN modem which in turn connects to an ISP.  The modem
works tolerably well in the evening and the middle of the night, but it
is unreliable to the point of uselessness during the day time.  U.S.
West, the local TELCO, stuck an analyzer on the line and (I am getting
this third hand so take it with a grain of salt) I am running 3.1
Kbits/sec analog instead of 115 Kbits/sec digital.  All of the machines
can access the web once the connection is up, so I assume that IP
masquerading and IP routing are done correctly; and if we use a 56 Kbit
modem instead of the ISDN modem, everything works fine, too; so I am
fairly confident the problem is the setup of our modem.  Also, if we use
the ISDN modem with Windows/95, the way 3Com intended it to be used, it
seems to run like the wind.

I've surfed 3Com's website.  3Com is a very technically savy company -
why don't they support Linux or at least give us the technical
information we need to work this stuff out?

Anybody have any advice?

Many thanks,

Jeff

2. Web site to buy Sun workstations ?

3. ISDN problem w/ 3Com Impact IQ, Red Hat 5.0 (More info)

4. GCC code speed

5. LinuxPPP+3com Impact IQ terminal adapter..

6. PATCH: abstract out mach_reboot for x86 platforms

7. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN TA

8. Is Netscape 5.0 (aka Mozilla) Really OpenSource?

9. Howto Multilink with 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem

10. question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

11. Help w/ 3Com ISDN Impact IQ Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation

12. 3COM Impact IQ 230k ISDN Modme

13. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN and LINUX