1. Kernel panic: aha152x panic (during LILO install)
I've read through the FAQ, and saw nothing pertaining directly to my problem.
During the Install protion of LILO, upon writing the partition information
to the disk, I receive a loud constant beep from my mother board, and a Linux
error report that looks like this:
aha152x_panic: unable to send message
0x00368769: target=0; lun=0; cmd= ( 0a 00 00 00 02 00 ); residual=1024; buffers=0; phase |; in other ( MESSAGE OUT ); next=0x00000000
on bus: SCSISEQ ( SELI ); SCSISIG ( MESSAGE OUT ); INTSTAT ( hi ); SSTAT ( SELDO PHASEMIS REQINIT ); SSTAT ( PHASEMIS REQINIT ); SXFRCTL0 ( CH1 ); SINGAL ( ATNI BSYI REQI ); SELID ( 81 ), SSTAT2 ( SEMPTY ); SFCNT ( 0 ); FCNT ( 0 ); DMACNTRL0 ( 16BIT PIO READ );
enabled interrupts ( ENPHASEMIS ENREQINIT )
Kernel panic: aha152x panic
I'm in the early learning stages of unix, and I'm brand new at SCSI, so if I'm
making a simple/stupid mistake hear, I apologize. I've got a SIDE VLB
controller card, which is "completely compatible" with Adaptec AHA1522 cards.
I'm using a 486 DX2 66 platform with ISA/VLB board. I've tried reassigning
the Quantum Empire 1.08 GB drive from SCSI ID 6 to ID 0, but get the identical
message. I hope someone out there can help me out with this.
Either e-mail or post responses are OK with me.
Thanks in advance,
PS. The above error hangs the system, requiring a reboot.
I Steve Hovey I Our problems don't amount to a I
I I but this is our hill, I
I I and these are our beans - Naked Gun I
2. ssh problems - undeterministic "You don't exist, go away!" msg
3. Press Ctrl-D whiling inputting
4. HELP: Solaris 2.x SLIP + TIA through dialup
5. panic not rebooting even though /proc/sys/kernel/panic=1?
6. Bug in memory manag or swapper?
7. What is Kernel Panic: EXT2-fs panic (Device 3/65)
8. Newbie Installation Question
9. Kernel panic: EXT2-fs panic on 2.5.4-pre3
10. Kernel panic: EXT-fs panic from fdisk
11. Kernel panic: EXT2-fs panic
12. Kernel 2.4.20 Panic Report - Panic + Ksymoops + Config
13. Kernel Panic, Please Help...I am Panicking Too