Ximian Upgrade on SuSE 7.2 Can't Boot Gnome

Ximian Upgrade on SuSE 7.2 Can't Boot Gnome

Post by Stimp » Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:28:08

Could somone please help me? I'm a newbie sorry to say but learning
alot as I go. I have SuSE 7.2 and I updated my Gnome with the newest
Ximian and I didn't want to install the GDM manager because I still
wanted to use KDM for my KDE2. The problem is that I still see Gnome
at the login selection screen but now I can't load it!! When I select
Gnome it boots to KDE2. I know there is something that I have to
change to get my Gnome back but I don't know  what file it is or what
I have to do. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance and I must say that without some of you people out
there I would have never gotten this far with Lin  :-)

1. Removing Ximian-Gnome from my Redhat 7.2 System

I recently installed Ximian-Gnome Desktop to see how it looks and feels.
Not too bad, but I would like to revert to my old Gnome Desktop. Can
someone tell me how to do this as the Redhat update agent and the
Redcarpet updater both keep showing me there own versions of the same
files/packages that need to be updated.

I want my Gnome Back....

Cheers
Phil

2. Installing, dd: /dev/rrz4c: Read-only file system

3. Ximian Gnome & Redhat 7.2

4. Where did my memory go?

5. Network Configuration - RH 7.2, Linuxconf & Ximian Gnome

6. more devfs fun (Piled Higher and Deeper)

7. SFTP server not found on RH 7.2, Ximian gnome

9. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

10. Can't make Linux boot floppy under Suse 7.2

11. can't boot suse 7.2

12. Can't Boot w/ SuSE 7.2 Rescue Disk

13. Installed SuSE 7.2 won't boot