PPTP Help: Winnt pptp through a Linux Firewall

PPTP Help: Winnt pptp through a Linux Firewall

Post by Michael Bernard » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to setup a Linux firewall to allow a Windows NT client from the
Internet to connect to our internal network. The firewall (RH6.1) is already
setup with ipchains, ipmasqadm, ppp, and pptpd.  The Windows NT client
outside seems to get authenticated fine by the firewall, but then, NT
complains that it fails to negotiate.  What I want to do is to be able to
map Windows NT drives through pptp over the Internet.  Has anyone been able
to do this?  Can anyone lead me to a more specific HOW-TO about my problem?
Thanks.

--
M i c h a e l   B e r n a r d o

Post by Ron Johnson, Jr » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to setup a Linux firewall to allow a Windows NT client from the
> Internet to connect to our internal network. The firewall (RH6.1) is already
> setup with ipchains, ipmasqadm, ppp, and pptpd.  The Windows NT client
> outside seems to get authenticated fine by the firewall, but then, NT
> complains that it fails to negotiate.  What I want to do is to be able to
> map Windows NT drives through pptp over the Internet.  Has anyone been able
> to do this?  Can anyone lead me to a more specific HOW-TO about my problem?
> Thanks.

Look for the "VPN masquerade" HOWTO at Tucows.com

|                                                          |
| Most overused words: feel, cool/kewl, fun, myBlah.com    |
| Most underused word: think                               |

PPTP Help: Winnt pptp through a Linux Firewall

Post by Yan Seine » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Look in the pptpd mail archives.  This has been rehashed so many times
(most recently a few days ago).

--Yan

> > I am trying to setup a Linux firewall to allow a Windows NT client from the
> > Internet to connect to our internal network. The firewall (RH6.1) is already
> > setup with ipchains, ipmasqadm, ppp, and pptpd.  The Windows NT client
> > outside seems to get authenticated fine by the firewall, but then, NT
> > complains that it fails to negotiate.  What I want to do is to be able to
> > map Windows NT drives through pptp over the Internet.  Has anyone been able
> > to do this?  Can anyone lead me to a more specific HOW-TO about my problem?
> > Thanks.

> Look for the "VPN masquerade" HOWTO at Tucows.com

> --

> | Most overused words: feel, cool/kewl, fun, myBlah.com    |
> | Most underused word: think                               |

Think different
        ride a recumbent
                use Linux.