Midnight commander problem.

Post by Miguel de Ica » Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have next problem with my new PC and mc program: When in filelist window,
> in xterm, the small caps letters in filenames are replaced with garbage, but
> they appear correctly if highligted with the cursor. The file browsing, editing
> and so on is ok. The problem I think is linked with my videocard - CL5430, but
> I can't figure out how to repare it.

That looks to me like a terminfo problem.  Please, get the latest
ncurses distribution and update your terminfo database from the
database supplied with the package.

ncurses is on prep.ai.mit.edu and sunsite.unc.edu

--

The GNU Midnight Commander: http://stekt.oulu.fi/~jtklehto/mc
Linux/SPARC project:        http://www.geog.ubc.ca/sparclinux.html

1. Midnight Commander problem when telneting to shell

Hello:

I asked the following question on linux related groups but no answer
yet... Can anybody in this groups help?

Thanks,

Sam

-----------
I telnet to my Linux from my Windows machine.

When I activate MC through the telnet window, everything looks almost
the same as being on the actual Linux computer.

However, the F keys do not function properly:

F10 acts like F9
F9 like F8

etc...

Is it the telnet client (QVT 4.2d) settings? Terminal emulation
choice? I played around with them without much success.

Thanks!

Sam

2. PHP/Apache problem

3. MidNight Commander Problems

4. how to repair in runlevel 1

5. Midnight Commander Problems

6. Maildelivery pipe (|) not working

7. Midnight Commander problem

8. problems installing 2.9 on sparc

9. Midnight Commander 1.0 (was Mouseless Commander)

10. Problems with Midnight Commander

11. Problems with midnight commander

12. Midnight Commander file permissions problem

13. problem with midnight commander