Help with modprobe

Post by Brian Davi » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
    Is there anyway to get modprobe to ignore kernel version problems like
insmod can when you use the -f flag (insmod -f)?

Thanks,
Brian

1. Help w/Modprobe Error!

: This is the place for answers so here goes, short and sweet:

: Every time I boot with any kernel options compiled as modules (though
: I have tried few), I get the following errors:

: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-4
: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-5
: (Repeat the same two lines 3 more times.)

: To date I have loaded only the PPP module, or for testing, the dummy
: module only.  The errors occur during the loading of the S10network
: file.  For reference, my system was originally a Redhat 4.1 system.

: Thank you for any assistance.

: Ron Weingarten

Um, this may not be a great solution, but it may be.  Check S10network and
comment out any files that insmod net-pf-[45].

--
                        -Dave

This is not a pipe |

My opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer

2. Onboard Ethernet Configuration Problems

3. Help 'Modprobe Can't find module sound'

4. Autofs setup woes (Solaris / Linux Environment)

5. help: 'modprobe: can't locate module net-pf X'

6. Newbie ? on redundancy

7. Debian: need help for modprobing

8. Diamond Stealth 64 2Mb Dram

9. modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-21

10. please help - modprobe cannot locate modules

11. help: modprobe 3c509 error

12. help: modprobe net-pf-4/5

13. HELP: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-200