CAD for Linux

Post by Greg Howlan » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

What CAD apps are available for Linux? And from where can
they be downloaded?

--Greg

CAD for Linux

Post by Mark Hamstr » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> What CAD apps are available for Linux? And from where can
> they be downloaded?

It won't be downloadable, and it will initially only be available under
academic licensing as part of the MicroStation Academic Suite, but if
you can hang on just a little bit longer, you will be able to get the
new Linux port of MicroStation in the next edition of the Academic Suite
(Q4 '96).

There's plenty of information on MicroStation, other Bentley software
and services, and the Academic Program at http://www.bentley.com --none
of it is Linux-specific at this point, but we work very hard to minimize
the differences you will see when running our software on different
platforms, so the web site information on other versions of MicroStation
applies to the Linux port quite well.

If academic-only licensing is not satisfactory for you, then stop by
http://www.bentley.com/products/change-request.html and make your
willingness to purchase commercially licensed and supported
MicroStation/Linux known.  If enough people are willing to purchase
commercial licenses, Linux will be fully supported by Bentley.

Mark Hamstra
Bentley Systems, Inc.

1. BRL-CAD under Linux

So I am posting this to broaden Mike's appeal.  The binaries right now
are huge, so any help putting shared libraries together would be grealy
appreciated!

BTW, the machine is a 486DX266 with 16M RAM.

--jim Hunt
US Army Research Lab

2. Failed to stop/restart xinetd

3. GPL'ed Electronic CAD under Linux?

4. digital cameras and printers

5. looking for CAD under LINUX

6. ksh vs exec

7. 3D CAD for Linux? Help!

8. IPsec with Roadwarrior

9. WWW: OpenDesigner - Free CAD for Linux/Unix

10. (E)CAD for Linux

11. CAD for Linux: time to get serious!!!

12. Mechanical CAD for Linux?

13. CAD for Linux?