Boot Warning: /etc/fstab does not contain fsck passno?

Boot Warning: /etc/fstab does not contain fsck passno?

Post by Mark Shacklett » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

After upgrading to kernel 1.2.1, when I boot,
I get a warning that reads:

WARNING:  Your /etc/fstab does not contain the fsck passno
field.  I will kludge around things for you, but you
should fix your /etc/fstab file as soon as you can.

Anybody know what to do here?

Thank you.

Mark

1. etc/fstab no fsck passno

Hello, I am running Linux 1.2.3 on a Gateway 486/66 with 8MB of RAM
and it is attached to a network with a 3Com 503 card.
When I bootup the machine, about halfway through I get a warning stating
that /etc/fstab does not contain the fsck passno field.  I am now sure
how to correct this problem at all.  I ran ex2fsck -b 32 and -b 8193 (I
think that is the number) on it while it wasn't mounted and it didn't
correct the error.  I am at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.  It
is 280MB of native with 4096 inode size and 20MB swap. help?
Thanks
Chris Delaney

2. iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?

3. fsck passno not in fstab

4. LINUX Compatability with System V R4

5. fsck passno field in fstab

6. Shell script question

7. Put that "passno" field in your fstab to calm fsck Kludging.

8. Getting DHCP to work

9. /ETC/FSTAB format for new FSCK

10. fstab has no passno field ???

11. passno field in fstab?

12. Help-Put CD mount in fstab - fsck fails cannot boot

13. fsck passno