dotmatrix and postscript/tex

Post by Jake K » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have old ibm proprinter III, and i would like to print out
several doc's in postscript.  Is this possible?

I have tried to configure the /etc/printcap using magicfilter
with no success.

Also how can i print *txt files with border edges?  and without
the staircase effect.

-----------------------------
Jake Kim (Purchase New York)

PGP Public Key <finger> <> #include <bi*p.h>

1. Printing Postscript files on an Epson dotmatrix printer.

Hello,

I am trying to setup Linux (RedHat 3.0.3 w/kernel 2.0.0) to print
postscript files in graphics mode on my Epson LQ-510 (24-pin dot matrix)
printer.  I have ghostscript and ghostview installed, I also have
printer support compiled into my kernel.  Printing text files using lpr
works fine.  I can also view ps files using ghostview.

I have tried reading the Printing HOWTO and Printing-Usage HOWTO.  I've
also read the gs man page and asked around about it on IRC.  I've had no
luck so far though.  I did get one filter installed; however, it would
print text files in graphics mode, but wouldn't print ps files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...please respond via
e-mail...thanks.
--
***************************************
*    David John Davis    * Team OS/2  *

*    Durant, Oklahoma    * ---------- *
***************************************
* http://www.isc-durant.com/davisdj/  *
***************************************

2. Signal handlers and longjmp()

3. Postscript Converters for DotMatrix

4. how to change the refresh-rate

5. TeX dvi to PostScript convertor

6. NSkit for Solaris 2.5.1?

7. cheap Postscript (was Re: Output devices for TeX)

8. ISO image

9. Layout: PostScript/TeX booklet utility uploaded

10. TeX/LaTeX to postscript?

11. Layout: PostScript/TeX bo

12. Matrox Mystique ands X.