core from rpc.ttdbserver

Post by Qian Zhongba » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi All

 I have a question.That is when I login as "root" user the root directory
will have a core file from rpc.ttdbserver.If I login as normail user the
HOME directory will not have a core and the console will display
"......rpc.ttdbserver read failed".Why is it? And what the mean is
rpc.ttdbserver.

                        Qian  08/21/97

core from rpc.ttdbserver

Post by Qian Zhongba » Wed, 27 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

  Now if I login in as "root" user the root directory will have a core file
from rpc.ttdbserver.If I login in as normal user the console will display
rpc.ttdbserver ...NISAM read fialed and the core will not occuar.Why?
My hardware is SPARC 5 station.software is solaris 2.5.

1. CDE & RPC & rpc.ttdbserver

Let's say I want to use CDE.  Let's say I don't want rpc.ttdbserverd
and rpcbind sitting on machine and doing nothing (other then waiting
for somebody to find out yet another buffer overflow).

How to do this?

In past it was possible to use CDE without ttdbserver (and RPC), but
it seems Sun has changed something...  Any workarounds or something?

--

Opinions expressed herein are my own.
Statements included here may be fiction rather than truth.

2. ide disk trouble

3. Security Vulnerability in rpc.ttdbserver (rev. 1)

4. bootable CD for Flash updates

5. Security Vulnerability in rpc.ttdbserver

6. Save money!!!

7. Can I switch of rpc.ttdbserver?

8. Diet /sbin/hotplug package released

9. rpc.ttdbserver

10. SSRT2274 Potential Sec. Vulnerability in rpc.ttdbserver (rev.5)

11. Security Vulnerability in rpc.ttdbserver (rev.3)

12. rpc.ttdbservers through tcpd fails