mkisofs-1.11 binary

mkisofs-1.11 binary

Post by Mohd Fared Abdul Khi » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00



Hi,
could anyone point me to where I could get binary for mkisofs-1.11
that would run on sunos 4.1.4.
I tried to compile the one that come along with cdrecord 1.6
distribution
but got some errors. I used sun native /bin/cc to compile.

thanks,
-fared-

 
 
 

mkisofs-1.11 binary

Post by Joerg Schilli » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00




Quote:>Hi,
>could anyone point me to where I could get binary for mkisofs-1.11
>that would run on sunos 4.1.4.
>I tried to compile the one that come along with cdrecord 1.6
>distribution
>but got some errors. I used sun native /bin/cc to compile.

Mkisofs-1.11 is buggy, don't use it anymore.

The actual mkisofs is 1.12b5 with patches and comes with cdrecord-1.8a22

Cdrecord-1.8a22 compiles completely with a K&R compiler.

It is on:

        ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha

--



URL:  http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/schilling    ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix

 
 
 

mkisofs-1.11 binary

Post by Mohd Fared Abdul Khi » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00


someone advice me to try use gcc, but where could I get the binary.
Could anyone point me to where I could get gcc that would run on
sunos4.1.4 ?

thanks,
-fared-


Quote:> Hi,
> could anyone point me to where I could get binary for mkisofs-1.11
> that would run on sunos 4.1.4.
> I tried to compile the one that come along with cdrecord 1.6
> distribution
> but got some errors. I used sun native /bin/cc to compile.

> thanks,
> -fared-

 
 
 

mkisofs-1.11 binary

Post by Mohd Fared Abdul Khi » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00


thanks Joerg,
I'd managed to install mkisofs-1.12b5 which included in your cdrecord 1.8
on my sunos4.1.4 box but I 'd to run make in mkisofs-1.12b5 directory to succeed.

again thanks,
-fared-




> >Hi,
> >could anyone point me to where I could get binary for mkisofs-1.11
> >that would run on sunos 4.1.4.
> >I tried to compile the one that come along with cdrecord 1.6
> >distribution
> >but got some errors. I used sun native /bin/cc to compile.

> Mkisofs-1.11 is buggy, don't use it anymore.

> The actual mkisofs is 1.12b5 with patches and comes with cdrecord-1.8a22

> Cdrecord-1.8a22 compiles completely with a K&R compiler.

> It is on:

>         ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha

> --



> URL:  http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/schilling    ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix

 
 
 

mkisofs-1.11 binary

Post by Mason » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00


Mohd Fared Abdul Khir wrote...

Quote:

>someone advice me to try use gcc, but where could I get the binary.
>Could anyone point me to where I could get gcc that would run on
>sunos4.1.4 ?

Do a web search from http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/ for "gcc sun 4"
and the following was found.

ftp://ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/oldies/sunos-4.1.4/
      gcc-2.7.2.1.sunos.tar.gz
      libg++-2.7.2.sunos.tar.gz

Good Luck.

 
 
 

1. tsx-11 GCC binaries error?

        I'm wondering if there was not some sort of error made
when the gcc binary distributions at tsx-11 were built...  I'll
admit I haven't had a chance to give glibc adequate attention.
There are supposedly two binary distributions : gcc and gcc-glibc.
I would have expected the gcc binary to contain gcc binaries which run
with glibc and compile libc5 ELF binaries.  I would expect the
gcc-glibc tar to contain a gcc designed for glibc in some way, maybe
the executables require glibc and/or is capable of building glibc
binaries.

        What I found was that the gcc-glibc binary tar contained
/usr/lib/i586-unknown-linux and binaries that run with libc5 only.
The gcc binary tar (non-glibc) contained /usr/lib/i586-unknown-linux-glibc1
and binaries that cannot be executed by my libc5/ld.so 1.8.x system.
Am I messed up or is something backwards here?  I believe I had to
install both tar to get things behaving, being careful to install the
libc5 binary last.

        I also noticed that it's glibc1, not glibc2.  Am I wasting
my time with this completely?  Is there another gcc distribution (binary)
out there that I can trust to be squeaky clean for libc5 systems?
(2.7.2.3)

        Thanks for your time.

--
 Craig A. Lemon    VE3XCL       | University of Waterloo

   http://www.net/~calemon/        |     Class of 1997

2. Motorola Modem Setup?

3. Gcc 2.4.0 binaries are on tsx-11.

4. Question: Xbiff++ for Solaris2.3?

5. bincancel:11 large binaries:AR1219:@@NCM

6. Terratec Cinergy TV400 with Linux?

7. Gcc 2.4.0 binaries are on tsx-11.

8. Freebsd NEWBIE

9. Xearth binaries uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11.

10. XConquer 5.5.1a binaries uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11

11. smail 3.1.28 with TCP/IP support - binaries on sunsite/tsx-11/nic

12. xrn binary from tsx-11: no scroll bars?

13. bincancel:11 large binaries:AR859:@@NCM