scan disk for files tool

Post by t.. » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any good tools to scan directorys for
files that meet a certain type. Such as gif's, jpegs, mpeg etc..

I use a csh script I wrote now, but was wondering if anyone has a better
tool?

if so let me hear about it.

--

Computer Sciences Corporation      |HF/UHF: ab6ga 28.380Mhz 445.625Mhz 2000UTC
Views expressed here have nothing to do with Hughes, CSC or Elvis....

1. scan disk for file systems

I lost the hard drive label. In order to read the hard drive I put it
in a different computer.  There were only two partitions on the drive
an ext2 and swap space.  I assume that if I were to use fdisk and type
in the correct values for the partition table that I could recover the
ext2 file system.  I was hoping that there was a program that I could
use that would scan the /dev/dhb device to find the start of a (ext2)
file system.  I would then be able to know where the file systems
started and stopped.

Ps. Please excuse me if this is a re/cross post. I thought I posted it
five hours ago. I could not find it anywhere.

 Steven Feil               | Gram-pa, back at the turn of the      .~.
 Programmer/Developer      | century, why did people use an        /V\

                           | allowed to see the source code?      (X_X)

2. video capture

3. write disk error. how to scan disk?

4. Change LILO default?

5. Use Scanning Tools on Local Machine

6. upper bound for virtual hosts

7. Network Scanning Tools

8. What's wrong with my httpd.conf? (Linux 2.1.9)

9. Tool to scan SCSI bus

10. How to scan C files to find the required include files ?

11. Tools of scanning Linux Viruses

12. Anybody knows if there is any good virus scanning tools in Linux with sendmail?

13. Tool to prevent people form doing a port scan and/or check for attacks