entry point

Post by Adnan Agbari » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I'd like to write a program where the entry point routine is not main().

I've used '-e' option of 'ld' to set the entry point. But I found that
the command lines
parameters did not pass to the application. Namely, 'argc' equals to
zero and 'argv' is just a NULL
pointer.

Any other suggestions !

Thanks in advance

1. Disambiguating between multiple domain name services entries pointing to the same computer

Query regarding domain name services.

We would like to have several different WWW servers running on the
same physical computer.  Each WWW server corresponds to a different
Domain Name.  Each Domain Name will  have a CNAME record pointing
to the same computer.

Is there any way to get WWW server to tell which is coming in as.

For example, assume that our two server names are
  www.zing.com
  www.rotgut.com

Both are duly registered with internic.  Both have CNAME records
pointing to a machine at 143.43.290.45

We would like a net surfer coming in
as
   http://ww.zing.com/home.html

to get a different home page than someone coming in as

   http://ww.rotgut.com/home.html

We don't want to force them to type a different port number when they
enter the URL in their browser.  We don't want a different home page name.

In general, we may want to do something similar with telnet, disambiguating
between multiple Domain Names that point to the same IP address and having
a program behave differently as a funciton of which domain name service
the person uses.

Is this possible? how?

2. Iomega BUZ?

3. CDE Login failure - Solaris 8 - Log entries point to possible ToolTalk problem??

4. gnome setup error

5. Specifying an entry point for shared objects

6. STB Lightspeed 128

7. Same song, second verse (was Re: Q: Changing C entry point from main)

8. Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

9. hang in ioremap called from detect() entry point of scsi hba driv er

10. Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point

11. x86 Boot enhancements, 32bit entry point cleanup 3/9

12. Parameters for Driver Entry Points

13. Is this correct for automounter entry pointing to local file system?