dp-4.0 compile problem

Post by Michael Zawack » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I recently installed Solaris 2.6 x86 and am trying to get modem dial out
and ppp support.  I tried installing dp-4.0 and am having some trouble.
I get a "language optional package not installed" error message because
of a -DSolaris2 cc flag.  Please forgive my ignorance, but I cannot find
any info on the -D flag and have never used it before in my simple
engineering programming.  Can someone give me some insight on this or
point me in another direction for modem and ppp support.

Thanks,

Michael Z

dp-4.0 compile problem

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I recently installed Solaris 2.6 x86 and am trying to get modem dial out
>and ppp support.  I tried installing dp-4.0 and am having some trouble.
>I get a "language optional package not installed" error message because
>of a -DSolaris2 cc flag.  Please forgive my ignorance, but I cannot find
>any info on the -D flag and have never used it before in my simple
>engineering programming.  Can someone give me some insight on this or
>point me in another direction for modem and ppp support.

This is because you are calling up /usr/ucb/cc as your C compiler
(-DSolaris2 is irrelevant to the problem).

If you have the Sun C Compiler installed, put /opt/SUNWspro/bin in
your path before /usr/ucb/cc.

If you have gcc installed, add CC=gcc to the "make" command line
arguments.

If you don't have a C compiler installed, you can't make it. :-)
(Solaris doesn't come with a C compiler.)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. no /dev/dp with dp-4.0

Hi,
        I'm trying to set up dp-4.0 on a solaris machine.

        Everything seems to build ok, and install ok.

        When I try to start the daemon,  I get an error saying that
        the device /dev/dp doesn't exisit.

        I've already loaded the modules dp using modload /usr/kernel/drv/dp

        If I put a soft link to this routine, the file type is wrong.

        I don't know how this /dev/dp file is supposed to get created.

        ipconfig dp0 plumb fails also because the file /dev/fp doesn't
        exist.

        Any suggestions.

        thanks, email preferred.

        Phil Maechling

2. 2 Internet connections

3. Problems compiling groupkit & tcl-dp

4. Beginner snort user questions

5. TCL-DP compiling problems

6. GCC 2.7.2 and kernel 1.3.46 trouble

7. Problem compiling tcl-dp/running Zircon

8. format - auto configuration failed

9. anybody running dp-4.0 on pseudo tty pairs

10. dp-4.0, pseudo tty pairs and wampes

11. dp-4.0 on Solaris 2.4

12. ppp-2.3b1 vs dp-4.0 for solaris 2.5

13. dp-4... DIRECT connection