CVS remote checkout

Post by blackdo » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:43:27

Hi have installed CVS on solaris 8.
and add the following into tester1 system on /etc/inetd.conf

cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs
--allow-root=/storages/test_cvs pserver

and I issue a command as below on anther system, I got "root not
allowed"

root not allowed

Please help.

CVS remote checkout

Post by Giorgos Keramida » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:47:46

> Hi have installed CVS on solaris 8.
> and add the following into tester1 system on /etc/inetd.conf

> cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs
> --allow-root=/storages/test_cvs pserver

> and I issue a command as below on anther system, I got "root not
> allowed"

> root not allowed

Note the --allow-root option.  Your CVS server will only allow checkouts
from that repository.

CVS remote checkout

Post by blackdo » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:01:02

What should I do in order to make it work? thanks

CVS remote checkout

Post by Giorgos Keramida » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:08:56

> What should I do in order to make it work? thanks

Please, if you have to use Google Groups, make sure you quote the original
text properly.  The default behavior of Google Groups is broken, annoying
and stupid.  Without a proper quote from the original, people who get just
a single line from you won't be able to know what you are really talking
about.

For instance, seeing the above one-liner, someone who hasn't watched the
entire thread can't tell what "it" refers to.  The following post of mine
contains the part that Google Groups didn't quote for you:

% > Hi have installed CVS on solaris 8.
% > and add the following into tester1 system on /etc/inetd.conf
% >

%
% Note the --allow-root option.  Your CVS server will only allow checkouts
% from that repository.

You can make the remote repository access of CVS to work fine by making
sure that /backups/testcvs is included in the set of --allow-root options
the CVS server starts up with.  Multiple options can be passed if
necessary:

    # inetd.conf line (wrapped for USENET), make sure it's all on one line
    # and the continuation "\" character is removed.
    cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs \
    --allow-root /storages/test_cvs --allow-root /backups/testcvs pserver

All the details of the options you can use and their significance are
described in the reference manual of CVS too.

Regards,
Giorgos

CVS remote checkout

Post by Dave Hin » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:41:59

>> What should I do in order to make it work? thanks

> Please, if you have to use Google Groups, make sure you quote the original
> text properly.  The default behavior of Google Groups is broken, annoying
> and stupid.  Without a proper quote from the original, people who get just
> a single line from you won't be able to know what you are really talking
> about.

Yes.  And before you think that Giorgos is being picky and/or presenting
a not widely held view, let me just say he's absolutely correct.  It's
impossible to know what or who you're answering or asking questions of
if all we have is one line and no context.

1. OpenBSD 3.1 cvs checkout doesn't compile SSL

Hello.

I have a handful of servers currently running 3.0 and I have to
upgrade them since patch support for 3.0 has now been dropped.
So I am upgrading via source.  I have done this before a few
times successfully, so I am not a complete newbie.

After a CVS checkout into a clean empty /usr/src directory
and compiling I get this problem:

/md4 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pem -I/usr/src/lib/libss
l/ob
j/crypto/../src/crypto/asn1 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/x
509
-I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/x509v3 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/
obj/
crypto/../src/crypto/conf -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/txt
_db
-I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pkcs7 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/o
bj/c
rypto/../src/crypto/comp -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pkcs
12 -
I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/engine -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/o
bj/c
rypto/../src/crypto/dso   -c
/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/sha/sh
a1_one.c -o sha1_one.o
make: don't know how to make mdc2dgst.c. Stop in
/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl/obj.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl (line 683 of
/usr/src/lib/libssl/Makefile.bsd-wrappe
r).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src (line 75 of Makefile).

Sorry about the uneven line wrapping.

I found comments about this error or one very like it from an
archived mailing list talking about removing code from CVS and
a few days after someone else claimed that it was fixed.  This was
in September last year.  I know it was fixed as I have done "make
build" on a checked out 3.1 system a couple of months ago.  It
looks like the same sort of breakage has happened again.
Unfortunately I can't finish updating to 3.1.

Regards,
RH.

2. libdnet.so

3. CVS checkout

4. Cannot properly sense availability of data on socket

5. CVS: Using both client/server method with rsh and -d option for checkout

6. GnuPGP with KMail...How do I sign?

7. cvs checkout problem

8. DLPI Vs BSD Sockets Vs Sys V TLI

9. Remote CVS Access Broke With RedHat 5.2 Linux Upgrade

10. cvs remote access - secure?

11. iptables -- block remote CVS access