Comments on Visual Workshop for C++, SPARCworks and Tools.h++

Comments on Visual Workshop for C++, SPARCworks and Tools.h++

Post by Bejoy George Oomma » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
 My name is Bejoy G. Oomman. I am an independent consultant in the
Electronic Design Automation area. I am in the process of acquiring a
SPARCstation and some software to start some applications development.
I am starting fresh, so I wanted to spend some time on setting up the
right software development environment. I am looking for any comments
you may have on the Visual Workshop for C++ product from SunSoft. This
product includes SPARCworks (an integrated graphical development
environment), SPARCworks/Teamware (a code management system),
SPARCworks/Visual (a Motif GUI builder) and SPARCworks/Visual XP (a
windows cross platform development tool). I would very much appreciate
any comments you may have on any of these products. In particular I am
curious about portability to other UNIX workstations (HP or IBM). I am
also interested in finding out about Tools.h++ foundation class library
included in the kit. Is this portable to other environments? Is it
compatible with standardization efforts in C++ foundation classes
(STL). Does any one have any experience with windows cross platform
development with SPARCworks/Visual XP ? I would appreciate any major
gotchas in these areas.

 I am not sure this is the exact newsgroup for this topic. I can take

appropriate for this newsgroup. I appreciate greatly any information
you can provide or point to about these questions. Thanking you in
anticipation,                                  -Bejoy G. Oomman
                                                    President
                                                    Genesys Testware