Userid Length

Post by ipcch.. » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

As I know the max length of userid is 8. However I am managing a site
with over 200 thousand users (using Netscape Directory Server + Solaris
Extension + NIS). I would like to set the max length of userid larger
but don't know how. Any suggestion? Please send me emails

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Q: Userid Length

What is the length limit for Linux userids?

I've created ids longer than 8 characters, but I can't log in to the
created accounts.  Do I need to obtain updated login source?

--
Pete Fanning

WWW: http://www.execpc.com/~pfanning

2. Remote XWindows & Sound on PowerWave?

3. Login USERID length bug?

4. Please, help me sendmail.cf gurus

5. USERID

6. Display shift on Trident 9525

7. >int userids

8. Netware Networked Printer -- how.

9. URL with userid and passwort?

10. Setting umask for ftp userid

11. Need help: IP routing based on userid

12. Setting up /~USERID for ftp/http access

13. Signoff a userid