Rolling Your Own DDI/DDK Device Driver

Post by Mike Jippi » Sun, 13 Feb 1994 01:39:17

I'd like to write my own device driver for a device connected over a
serial line.  I'd like to access that device like it were a file system
-- hence as a block device.  I'm running Solaris 2.3, and hence I think I
need to use the DDI/DDK interfaces to write this.

Before I wade in ... does anyone have any examples they would not mind
sharing??  I have read the docs -- with their examples -- and would just
like something tangible that I could look at and compile.

Thanks in advance.  Discussions are welcome...

      Mike Jipping
      Hope College Department of Computer Science

      Definition of Sys Admin:  "And when he came to the place where
          the wild things are they roared their terrible roars and
          gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes
          and showed their terrible claws till Max ... tamed them
          all with a magic trick..."
                            -- Where the Wild Things Are, Sendak