1. Start "format", and select the disk.
2. Type "part" to go to the partition menu.
3. For each partition you want to delete, type the partition number
to edit that partition. Give a starting cylinder of zero and
a size of zero to clear the partition. DO NOT zero out partition
#2 -- it's supposed to be the whole disk size. (On x86, you
would leave 8 and 9 as-is as well.)
4. Pick a partition and set it to the size you want. If you're
unsure of the range of allowed values at a prompt, type "?".
5. Type "print" to review everything and make sure that it's
just who you like. If so, type "label" to cause the changes
(i.e. the new disk label) to be written to the disk.
6. Type "quit" twice, and you're ready to use "newfs" or whatever.
Hope that helps.
I'm currently looking for work as a Unix/Solaris
administrator, or Perl/C++/Java developer. Resume