Monitoring logs.

Post by Przemek B » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Do you know any program which will monitor log files
of solaris sparc box :
- having small size (forget SyMon)
- being quite fast (seconds are acceptable)
- using regexp to performa some actions, e.g:
  if there is 'WARN' string, send an e-mail
  if there is 'ERR' string, play tetris ;-)
  etc.

przemol

Monitoring logs.

Post by Martin Pau » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Do you know any program which will monitor log files
> of solaris sparc box :
> - having small size (forget SyMon)
> - being quite fast (seconds are acceptable)
> - using regexp to performa some actions, e.g:
>   if there is 'WARN' string, send an e-mail
>   if there is 'ERR' string, play tetris ;-)

"wots" does that and more, available at:

  http://www.tony-curtis.cwc.net/tools/

hth, mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01-3105608-84
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01-3105608-88

1. monitoring logs

how do you rediect all messages above notice or info messges to a
different dir. eg. /logs and have it monitored say under patrol and the
rest of the non important messages like rlogins to /var/adm/messages
file .Can the important messages be viewd under patrol ? or any other
software

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. apache: multiple ScriptAlias cgi's aren't working, please help

3. df and du gives different picuture.

4. IP Traffic Monitoring / Logging for later analysis

5. HELP: Run two different things iin 2 XTERM windows

6. How to automate monitoring logs for breakins

7. kcontrol/kcmdisplay diable DPMS-support

8. GUI network connection monitoring/logging program

9. Using AIDE to monitor log files

10. Web Surf monitor/log software

11. How to monitor/log unwanted traffic on my linuxbox

12. errno=16 in port monitor log file anyone?