Add Developer Software Package on Solaris

Add Developer Software Package on Solaris

Post by Peter Wan » Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:06:23

Hello all,

If an installed Solaris 8 system dose not come with software development
support, which includes libraries, include files,
man pages, and programming tools etc. How can i add them to the system now?
Shall I install all the necessary packages
one by one? If so, Is there a list of theses packages? or is there other
direct way to do so?

Thanks
Peter

Post by Darren Dunha » Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:09:26

> Hello all,
> If an installed Solaris 8 system dose not come with software development
> support, which includes libraries, include files,
> man pages, and programming tools etc. How can i add them to the system now?
> Shall I install all the necessary packages
> one by one? If so, Is there a list of theses packages? or is there other
> direct way to do so?

You can get them here...

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q6.2
6.2) Which packages do I need to install to support a C compiler?

1. how to add software package from hard disk iso's?

I installed rh8.0 from hard disk iso. I have no cd burner. :-<

the installation is smooth. However, after I install the OS. I find I
can't update software packages from ISO's.

In rh8.0, there is a item in start menu to add software package. After I
choose wanted package, it tells me that CDROM is not ready.

I have to extract the iso, use ln to link the installation directory to
/mnt/cdrom. It again shows error and quits.

How?

Any response is highly appreciated!

David

2. wu-ftpd & time restrictons

3. The CDE Software Developer Conference software has expired.

4. forums

5. Open source software: Is it the real benefit for software developers?

6. Jaz drive for Linux?

7. adding package IBM named LUM on Solaris 8 with jumpstart procedure

8. Linux and Cheese - Tools of Pizza

9. cannot add a package on ultra 5 hardware (solaris 5.8)

10. how to package add in Solaris 7?

11. Solaris 8 package add management help

12. Solaris 2.6 add-on packages.

13. fixing a package added incorrectly on Solaris 2.6