Hardware peripheral recommendations.

Post by Aileen Bar » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 01:02:45

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post so please excuse the
intrusion if not.

I am looking for a recommendation on a printer that prints at least a
B size drawing (I guess that's like two 8 x 11" pages?) and a good quality
document scanner.  I have a Sun/Solaris machine that will eventually have
two processors.  We are using it as a document server for CAD drawings and
related documentation.  If anyone can lend some help, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, does anyone know how much power these machines draw?  I have not been
able to get agood estimate from Sun.  In addition to the main system, I have an
external disk pack, a tape drive, printer and CD_ROM drive.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Aileen Barry
Hughes STX
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD  20771
Code 701.1

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and not necessarily those of my employer.

1. recommendation on hardware recommendation

Hi, if you have time I'd appreciate the corrections to the

http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/CheapBox.html

I know I should not have written it, but there is so much
good fast cheap hardware, while most documents like
PC-Clone UNIX Hardware Buyer's Guide do not seem to give a clue
to today's market...
Anyways.
For personal emails: the username is "comech".

Thanks!
Andrew

2. Missing libnewt.so.0.50 and libpopt.so.0?

3. What hardware peripheral manufacturers have good Linux support?

4. poliy routing: passive ftp

5. (Newbie Question) Hardware recommendations for Unix server?

6. about timeout member in task_struct

7. Hardware recommendation wanted

8. snoop: ioctl SIOCGIFCONF

9. Some questions (hardware/software recommendations, issues/concerns, WTB, etc..)

10. hardware recommendations

11. Hardware recommendation for small LAN

12. Hardware Recommendations

13. Solaris Hardware Recommendations