Help! Solaris 7 sendmail config

Post by Tan Keok S » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Got a pre-installed sendmail on Sol7. Am adding in some new stuff. Managed
to recreate the .cf from the main mc file. Restarted sendmail but still
encountered the loopback error:

554 MX list for xxx points bck to yyy

Though may not be necessary to include sendmail.cw in Sol7, did that!
Still getting the same error!  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Help! Solaris 7 sendmail config

Post by Jim Levi » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

regarding Help! Solaris 7 sendmail config:

> Got a pre-installed sendmail on Sol7. Am adding in some new stuff.
Managed
> to recreate the .cf from the main mc file. Restarted sendmail but
still
> encountered the loopback error:
> 554 MX list for xxx points bck to yyy

It's a common DNS error, covered in the sendmail FAQ
(www.sendmail.org).

1. **EMERGENCY*** CONFIG HELP Sendmail Redhat 5.0 Please help

I had hard disk crash and had to put another machine in for our domain very
quickly.  The original name of the machine
was named "test" and the domain is futurenet.net

I changed the /etc/HOSTNAME to neon from test which was the name of the
machine that went belly up.  The machine
that went belly up was running slakware.

Redhat 5.0 has the latest sendmail I am told.  Anyway.....

The problem is that all mail that comes to that machine comes as

work, can someone please tell me

Out mail is bouncing right and left, thanks very much for your help.

help).

Thanks very much.

Steve

2. Req: PMP Project Manager

3. solaris 2.3 sendmail config drops domainnam

4. Printing problems (ghostscript)

5. solaris 2.3 sendmail config drops domainname

6. How do I run my stereo sound device as two sound devices???

7. How to get a closed sendmail config with Solaris 9

8. APC SmartUPS 1400 and DEC Unix

9. sendmail config on Solaris 7

10. Solaris sendmail.cf config

11. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?