max stripe size with VxVM

Post by jil.. » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

What is the maximum stripe size with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM)?

I am told that it is 512KB.  Can someone please verify/dispute this
figure.

Thank you in advance.

1. VxVM "stripe size"

Hi everyone,
I have a system running solaris 8 and VxVM 3.1 now i need to install Oracle.
Now i'm going to tuning the System to improve Oracle performance so i need
to change the default value of "stripe size".
The only solution I see is to back-up all data, change parameter and then
restore .!!!
I'm not skilled with VxVM, do you know some faster method?
Is there any possibility to do an hot tuning of the system (exept for
/etc/system of course)?

Sorry for my english?
Thanks in advance!!

Caius

2. HELP: DHCPD not updating DDNS

3. Stripe width/size/chunk size etc

4. NCR supports Solaris Intel!!

5. Add 4 new disks to a existing Volume striped concatenated VxVM volume

6. nfsmount: ..program not registered..?

7. Resizing Stripe-Pro Volumes (Solaris 8 & VxVm 3.1)

8. tcsh - to subshell or not to subshell

9. Size max files based on memory size

10. what is the verdict on VxVM+SDS vs. VxVM alone?

11. problem with Solaris 8 (SPARC), VxVM 3.2 and disk size >1 TB

12. Solaris - stripe at O/S or stripe at EMC?

13. Veritas striped-mirror (Striped Pro) question