t shell

Post by Sundar Paramasiva » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello Gurus,

Where to I find precompiled binary for tcsh (T shell) under Solaris 2.6,
and SunOS 4.1.4?
Thanks in advance.

-Sundar

t shell

Post by Dom Mitchel » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Where to I find precompiled binary for tcsh (T shell) under Solaris 2.6,
> and SunOS 4.1.4?

Try www.sunfreeware.com, for the Solaris version.  You'll probably
have to compile your own for SunOS4.  Get the source from
<URL:ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/tcsh/tcsh-6.07.tar.gz>.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
"Xerox studies suggest that most people print out electronic mail

1. Bourne Shell compatible shells (was: Request: which shells)

Me too :-)

I also had some problems with smail and make depend. Don't remember how I
fixed them.

I also detected two other problems with bash 1.12:

 - it wouldn't run the Configure script of trn 3.0 (beta). This will be
   fixed in bash 1.13, but the Configure script has already changed so that
   it works with bash 1.12 too.

 - it does something wrong with passing $* from other shell scripts which are
   included by the `.' command. I detected this when INN 1.4 rejected all
   newgroup messages.

The pdksh I have (4.7) is absolutely unuseable for running Configure
scripts. Try the following script with pdksh 4.7 with two or more parameters:

        #!/bin/ksh

Zsh gives also problems with Configure scripts.

I use tcsh as interactive shell and bash as /bin/sh substitute because bash
is the more-or-less Bourne shell compatible shell which runs most of the
(Configure) scripts I have.  Running Configure scripts (sometimes >100Kb) is
a real good test for testing /bin/sh compatibility of shells.

Arjan

--

2. stb 5430 1mb ram pci vid card

3. shells shells shells

4. Please ignore this... testing...

5. handling SIGINT in shell scripts when executing another shell script.

6. Windows to X Window System connectivity, Linux, and FSF

7. UNIX shell differences and how to change your shell (Monthly Posting)

8. fdisk for linux

9. killing a shell that has a running child shell

10. Changing from the Bourne shell to C-shell

11. UNIX shell differences and how to change your shell (Monthly Posting)

12. Trying to run nohup from Korn shell but getting Bourne shell errors