cron memory leak patch available for SunOS 5.5/Solaris 2.5?

cron memory leak patch available for SunOS 5.5/Solaris 2.5?

Post by John Fishbec » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have a mix of Sun SPARC systems running Solaris 2.5 and 2.5.1. One of the
machines, which is running Solaris 2.5, has a very active cron environment
and evidences the memory leak problem reported in bug report 1233296, fixed
in SunOS 5.5.1 with patch 103690-05. I am unable to locate a patch for this
problem for SunOS 5.5. Is a patch for this problem not available for SunOS
5.5?

1. How to lock /etc/shadow on SunOS 5.5 (Solaris 2.5) ?

Hi,

I wrote a CGI script in Perl that allows users to change their
password using a HTML form.

This script alters "/etc/shadow" directly. It works fine, but I do not
know how to lock "/etc/shadow".

I think it is a problem because other users (in fact just the root
user) may try to use "passwd" to change someones password, while
another user is trying to change password using the form.

Any tip ?

BTW, I can send the script to anyone interested, but I stil did not
finished and its coments are in protuguese :).

Luis Bravo

2. catching output from inetd ?

3. No ftp response Solaris 2.5 SunOS 5.5

4. help: X shows 2 mouse cursors, none real.

5. cron memory leak on Solaris 2.5

6. Dump (dumb?) question?

7. opendir(), SunOS 4.1.3, SunOS 5.5 compatibility

8. SLS installation question: partitioning

9. MS-exchange 5.5 DNS configuration on solaris 5.5

10. how do I get banner pages on SunOS 5.5 and SunOS 4.x?

11. Detecting C++ Memory Leaks in Solaris 2.5?

12. Possible memory leak in Solaris 2.5 kernal?

13. Solaris TCP retransmission patches available for 2.5/2.5.1