A5000 Network Storage Array Disk Configuration

A5000 Network Storage Array Disk Configuration

Post by Karsten Bran » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,
does anyone know which slots should be filled with disks if I only have
11 disks for each array for best performance?
May be its equal.

regards Karsten

A5000 Network Storage Array Disk Configuration

Post by Douglas Klei » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have an A5000 with 8 disks and I just put 4 in the front and 4 in the
back.  Since each drive is fiber-attached to the backplane, it doesn't make
any difference where they go.  I checked the manuals and there is nothing
about where to put new drives.