Oracle 10 (RAC) & Solaris 10 & Sun Cluster 3

Oracle 10 (RAC) & Solaris 10 & Sun Cluster 3

Post by Thomp » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:44:17

Hmmm, my news feeder expiers good articles to fast...

Surely I've seen something on when Oracle 10g will be supported on
Solaris 10 (SPARC), but can someone point me to an official matrix?
Specifically I need info on Oracle RAC on Sun Cluster and Solaris 10...

TIA,

/Thommy M.
thommym/+AT+/at-hardeberga/+DOT+/com

Post by Axel Neuman » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 04:29:50

> Hmmm, my news feeder expiers good articles to fast...

> Surely I've seen something on when Oracle 10g will be supported on
> Solaris 10 (SPARC), but can someone point me to an official matrix?
> Specifically I need info on Oracle RAC on Sun Cluster and Solaris 10...

> TIA,

> /Thommy M.
> thommym/+AT+/at-hardeberga/+DOT+/com

Hi,

You maybe find this information on one of the Oracle web sites. But you have
an additional problem: Solaris 10 is right now not a supported OS for Sun
cluster.

HTH,

Axel Neumann

Post by Thomp » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:01:40

>>Surely I've seen something on when Oracle 10g will be supported on
>>Solaris 10 (SPARC), but can someone point me to an official matrix?
>>Specifically I need info on Oracle RAC on Sun Cluster and Solaris 10...

> You maybe find this information on one of the Oracle web sites. But you have
> an additional problem: Solaris 10 is right now not a supported OS for Sun
> cluster.

Well, I browsed the Oracle web but didn't find anything useful. I don't
have access to MetaLink where I suppose the info is...

Also, what's the roadmap for Sun Cluster on Solaris 10 ???

Regards,

/Thommy M.
thommym/+AT+/at-hardeberga/+DOT+/com

1. Oracle 10 & Solaris 10??

Hi,
I have just installed Solaris 10 (INTEL) and tried to install Oracle 10 only
to find that Oracle needs Solaris version 9?
Has anyone found a work around for this?
Would (Oracle) still work if I re-formmated and re-installed Solaris 8 or 9,
then installed Oracle 10 and finally upgraded to Solaris 10?
Would be a messy way to go about things, but I am willing to try if
necessary.
If anyone has had expereience with this problem I would appreciate any