AMD PCI Ethernet card on Solaris 2.4

Post by Richard Thorn » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Solaris 2.4 doesn't recognize my PCI ethernet card.  I downloaded
the DU10 diskettes and modified them for PCN and reinstalled the
system.  Still no good.  Is there another solution apart from
using another type of ethernet card?

Please respond with email

Richard Thorne
Bar Ilan Univ.  Israel

1. Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI controller; AMD 79C970 PCI ethernet card

I plan to get a Pentium 90 with 32MB RAM and 1GB SCSI-2 HD, with PCI/ISA
Bus and running Linux. After reading the various FAQs and HOWTOs, I still
have the following questions:

1. Does the latest Slackware Distribution 2.1.0 comes with the necessary
driver if I use the Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI controller card? I would like
to hear the experiences of netters who have actually use this card. Does it
install and work smoothly?

2. Similarly, does the latest release of Linux suport the AMD 79C970
(PCnet-PCI) ethernet card? Is it reliable? Experiences with the actual
use of this card (both positive and negative) would be most helpful.

3. Please suggest alternative PCI SCSI controller card and PCI ethernet
card if you know of any other that will work better.

4. I have come across questions similar to mine being asked on linux
newsgroup before. Please email your reply to me and I will post a summary of

Hwee Tou Ng

2. ksplash

3. Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI; AMD 79C970 PCI ethernet card

4. ARNS & Linux

5. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86

6. Program will not run

7. AMD Am79c79x PCI Ethernet card

8. xlock slackware

9. AMD PCI Ethernet Card

10. AMD PCNet PCI Ethernet Card Problem

11. What is a Good AMD Based PCI Ethernet Card?

12. AMD am79c971 PCI Ethernet Card

13. Txpro mother board and AMD PCI ethernet card problem