jetadmin

Post by jack_1.. » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to add a HP 755C plotter to my sun solaris 2.5.

I use jetadmin and there I enter the xxx.xxx.xxx.xx LAN IP address.
I get the error that the i have to enter 12 digit in hexadecimal.
where do i get the 12 digit hexadecimal?.

could you email me copy of your post reply if you would.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

jetadmin

Post by Jim Morri » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

dmesg | grep Ethernet

> Hi,

> I am trying to add a HP 755C plotter to my sun solaris 2.5.

> I use jetadmin and there I enter the xxx.xxx.xxx.xx LAN IP address.
> I get the error that the i have to enter 12 digit in hexadecimal.
> where do i get the 12 digit hexadecimal?.

> could you email me copy of your post reply if you would.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

jetadmin

Post by Martin Hepwort » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am trying to add a HP 755C plotter to my sun solaris 2.5.

> I use jetadmin and there I enter the xxx.xxx.xxx.xx LAN IP address.
> I get the error that the i have to enter 12 digit in hexadecimal.
> where do i get the 12 digit hexadecimal?.

> could you email me copy of your post reply if you would.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sounds like its asking for the MAC address or the internal name.

try putting the name/ip into DNS (or /etc/hosts) and see if it takes it
then.

Martin

1. 2.5.1 won't print to HP Jetadmin remotely

I have installed HP Jetadmin (both D1.09 and D2.1) on five different
SPARCs running 2.5.1 and can get them to print, but can't get a remote
machine (Sloaris 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.5.1) to print to that printer
through the machine running jetadmin.  It is strange because the same
software pkgadd'ed to a 2.4 machine works fine, both locally and
remotely.  Anyone have a suggestion?
Robert N. Waybright
The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent my own
(or anyone else's for that matter).
http://www.users.cts.com/crash/n/neilw/

2. Quake II & Linux - help please!

3. HP JetAdmin software for SCO??

4. Linux 1.1.59 on a Packard Bell Legend 417CDT

5. 2.4 "motif" and jetadmin

6. Linux Mandrake hangs on startup -> eth0

7. Solaris 2.4, Motif & HP Jetadmin

8. Linux on TV

9. HP Jetadmin D.04.12 and Solaris 2.6 viable ?

10. Jetadmin problem

11. Solaris 8 & Jetadmin

12. mpage + jetadmin + ufsdump + DLT tape

13. jetadmin & Solaris 7