Error installing Oracle on Solaris 2.5.1

Post by Peter Marela » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Just download the try and buy version of Oracle and
> running into the following error :

The orainst tool writes to /var/tmp/install.log or something similar to
that, cant exactly remember, but tail -f this file while installing and
you should get some indication as to what is going on.
Also I always recommend oracle server 7 install going in
/opt/oracle/product/x.y.z where x.y.z is the version number. i.e. 7.2.3
etc.
This will provide you with an easy upgrade path and a common repository
for oracle applications.

Peter Marelas

Error installing Oracle on Solaris 2.5.1

Post by Atif Ahmad Kh » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Thanks to all those who tried to help.  I have finally resolved
the problem.  It was my own foolish mistake, not Sun or Oracle.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

Atif Khan