HELP - PROM password (SS2)

Post by green » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

To anyone reading this:
        I goofed today at work.  I was trying to disable the password for our
SPARC Station 2.  This is what I typed at the OK prompt:
        setenv security-password = none
Now I can't get into the new command mode at all and we need to install a new
version of Solaris.  I have tried the old password and I have tried:
        none
         none (none with a space in front of it)

        I have also tried a few other things.  None of them seemed to work.

If you have any suggestions that I could try PLEASE e-mail me at

Thanks

1. PROM Password help

is there a way to disable the PROM password on a Sparc20?  I intelligently must
have set a incorrect password and i do not know what i made it.. PLEASE HELP!!

--

2. SUSE printer installation

3. backups tar .vs. cpio

4. Prom Password - Help!

5. sendmail Problem

6. PROM Password help

7. motherboard w/UMC chipset and AMD486-80DX2

8. SS2 No password

9. PROM Password.

10. getting round a PROM password?

11. PROM password problems