DLPI on Solaris2-x86

Post by Darren Re » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I've just noticed (:-) that whilst using dlcommon.c on Solaris2-sparc
(i.e. big endian machines) works fine, when used on Intel (i.e. little
endian), it sends incorrectly formatted frams out over the network.

Well, I am comparing Solaris2.4-sparc and Solaris2.5-x86 - any major changes
between these that I should be aware of so far as DLPI is concerned ?

thanks,
Darren

DLPI on Solaris2-x86

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi, I've just noticed (:-) that whilst using dlcommon.c on Solaris2-sparc
>(i.e. big endian machines) works fine, when used on Intel (i.e. little
>endian), it sends incorrectly formatted frams out over the network.

>Well, I am comparing Solaris2.4-sparc and Solaris2.5-x86 - any major changes
>between these that I should be aware of so far as DLPI is concerned ?

DLPI on Solaris2.5-x86 doesn't work correctly with DU1 to DU4.
The fault is that the frame is sent out 14 bytes too long (at
least in 802.3 mode, maybe other modes too).
The original CD-ROM drivers are OK, as are those on DU5.

BTW, what's dlcommon.c?

--

1. Solaris2-x86 2.5 on Gigabyte 586DX

I'm thinking of buying one of these motherboards to run Solaris2-x86.

Are there any known problems with them ?  They have Adaptec 2940UW
on board and are dual-cpu capable (on the motherboard).

thanks,
Darren

2. Telnet Banner

3. What DLPI-version in x86 Solaris?

4. Just Got it Working, But....

5. Solaris 2.5 x86 DLPI & LLC2

6. Does KDE 2.x support XDND?

7. DLPI on x86 Solaris help

8. ym

9. How do I make g++ -g work on Solaris2.4 X86?

10. Q: TR4 Travan on x86 Solaris2.6 install problems

11. Periodic Lockups on Solaris2.4 x86

12. Solaris2.4 X86 AND CDE

13. compiling ghostscript on solaris2.5 x86