1. HP network printer and LP print Service local printing
Operating System: Solaris 2.5, 2.6 / OpenWindows
Hardware: Sun Sparc
Printer: HP LaserJet 4000N with HP JetDirect PrinterServer
Software: HP JetAdmin for UNIX (Version D.05.15)
By means of JetAdmin I have added a local printer to a Sun Sparc
Server, and that has been tested to be ok.
Question: Is it so, that if I would like to share that printer among
several work stations and to use local printing, then I have to
install the entire JetAdmin on each and add a local printer???
I have tried to "share -F nfs -o 'anon=0,rw' /opt/hpnp" the
installed JetAdmin directory and locally "mounted with "rw".
I can start up JetAmin, answer the proper questions,
but when the installation procedure starts, it continues with error
messages, and the installation shells don't work correctly. No local
spooler has been added correctly!
With admintool I can add a remote printer (on the server). That works
ok, but that's not what I want (with a network-printer).
Flemming H?jstrup Hansen
(Greater Copenhagen Statistical Office)
2. creating an rpm
3. Printing to networked printers through Linux using X-stations as print servers
4. pthreads with AIX & gcc
5. Print from Novell network PC to Solaris network Printer
6. HELP! Only root can run ksh
7. Help NetWork Printing to a Printer with a NetWork Card
8. Xterm doesn't work in X
9. Printing to two printers from one queue (Printers print identically not load balancing)
10. Printing on a network printer
11. Network Printing with Open Linux and Printer Drivers
12. can't print properly on a network printer
13. Network printing from SCO Unix to a Windows 95 Printer