1. converting fake domain to PPP domain (mod_rewrite)?
I am running apache 1.2b4 and Squid 1.1x (as an Accelerator).
I have a fake domain called "virago.org.au" which I use to maintain my
internal network. It is using a bracket of IP addresses reserved for the
purpose. My personal domain is *not* in the DNS.
I connect to my PPP host which is an annex terminal server, and it is in
I am allocated 1 of 4 different domain names when I connect.
My problem is:
I can use my httpd with my fake domain "www.virago.org.au" from within
the internal network.
I can also use the PPP domain to query the server when connected
to the annex.
What I want to be able to do, is connect from work to my home
www server over the PPP link - which I can do.
I can get to most things on my www server at home using the PPP domain
name as the address.
However, there are cases when the PPP domain gets written out and the
fake domain gets written in - esp. with imagemaps, and then I get
"Not Found" errors - of course because the domain will not be in the DNS.
I looked at mod_rewrite and some examples I found on Engerschall's
site, but was unable to get anything to work.
How can I rewrite this?
http://www.virago.org.au:81/something/ => http://ppp-01.isp.com.au/something
so I pickup the correct domain name dynamically?
I don't know how clear I am - I did try mod_rewrite, but
something must have been broken in my rules.
Should I be looking at making my home site a series of virtual
domains that correspond to the 4 ports I could possibly be connected on?
I am running linux 1.2.13, apache-1.2b4 and squid 1.1b12 accelerated mode.
I am also running a caching named to handle queries on my internal
defghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz: What? No ABC?
Rachel Polanskis Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
Witty comment revoked due to funding cuts
2. Need help with this scenario...
3. Receiving mail for a "fake domain"
4. Interrupts with Linux? HELP!
5. Combination: Caching DNS & Serving Fake Domain Name w/in LAN
6. Modem ?
7. real vs. fake domain names
8. query on tar backup
9. Apache Fake Domains in access_log
10. domain faking on Solaris?
11. HELP: "fake" domain registration
12. NIS+ Sub-Domain client: should it be a member of the master domain AND sub-domain?
13. Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection and Domain Forwarding